Finding the Best Infrared Sauna on the Market s is easier than you think.
Check out our rundown below to see the best the marketplace has to offer, including our top pick – JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna.
Who doesn’t love visiting a spa and spending time in the sauna? I personally think that’s one of the best amenities of going to a spa or nice health club! It’s no wonder why most Scandinavian homes have them. In fact, I read that Finland has the most saunas per capita compared to every other country in the world. And, I don’t just think it is coincidence that Finland is always in the 10 ten list of healthiest countries.
We all know that saunas offer health benefits, but before I move on to our list of best infrared saunas on the market, I want to cover them with you.
6 Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Weight Loss – according the American Medical Association, a 30-min infrared sauna session can burn as many as 600 calories.
- Detoxification – sweat out the bad, make room for the good. Infrared saunas allow you to eliminate 7x more toxins than traditional saunas.
- Pain Relief – by relieving inflammation and increasing circulation, infrared saunas can relieve pain throughout the body.
- Skin Purification – infrared saunas can help you achieve clearer skin by ridding toxins through the pores.
- Relaxation – heat helps relax muscles and relieve tension all over. It can also aid in balancing cortisol levels in the body – giving a feeling of overall wellness
- Improved Circulation – Regular sauna usage can stimulate blood flow, increasing circulation and muscle recovery.
What is infrared? Infrared is a form of light that cannot be seen but can be felt in the form of heat. An infrared sauna warms the body in the same way as natural sunlight, while a traditional sauna uses heat to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. The other major difference between them is traditional dry saunas use temperatures as high as 195 degrees F, which can overwhelm those who are more sensitive to the heat. Infrared saunas use a much milder temperature environment of between 120 to 150 degrees F. However, because the heat of infrared saunas travels much deeper into the body, they are able to cause a more vigorous sweat at lower temperature.
Types of Infrared:
- Near-infrared levels: Best for immune function and healing
- Middle-infrared levels: Best or increased circulation and muscle relaxation
- Far-infrared levels: Best to rid the body of toxins
This is an important purchase and a relatively expensive one so it’s important to know what to look for when you purchase an infrared sauna.
What To Look For In The Best Infrared Sauna for Home Use:
- Size of the sauna: depending on who will be using it and if they will be using at the same time. In our reviews we will take a look at 1 person saunas all the way up to 4 person saunas. And, the larger ones offer space saving shapes, like corner units in case square footage is an issue.
- Type of wood: Infrared saunas should be made out of the following types of wood – Red Cedar, Pacific Coast Hemlock. Saunas made from other wood types should be considered inferior.
- Number of heaters: This can make a hug difference in your saunas. You are going to want to look for a minimum of 5 heaters for a 2 person unit and at least 8 heaters for a 4 person unit. The proper number of heaters will make for an efficient sauna that will offer all the health benefits you desire.
Best Infrared Sauna on the Market
Here are the top saunas based on our testing, quality, and user experience.
- JNH Lifestyle 2 Person Infrared Sauna
- Dynamic Saunas Barcelona 1-2 Person Far Infrared Sauna
- Heat Wave 4 Person Corner Sauna
- JHN Lifestyle 4 Person Infrared Sauna
JNH Lifestyle 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna
Equipped with 7 Carbon Fiber Far Infrared Heaters, the JNH 2 Person Sauna, is just what you need to relax and unwind. It is made with 100% Canadian Hemlock, FSC Certified “Green” wood, and absolutely no chemicals added. Because of its dual wall construction the heat insulation cannot be beat. The premium sound system will make unwinding even easier. The easy to used digital control panel allow you to control heat, light and music and the touch of your fingertips.
The sauna measures 47.3″ (w) x 39.5″ (d) x 75″ (h) and comes with a 5 year warranty. JNH stand behind its products and for that, and because of its perfect 5 star review, it’s our top pick.
What Users Are Saying:
- Quality of this unit cannot be beat
- Free fast shipping on a pretty big item
- Great customer service
- Pulls toxins out of the body
- If I can put it together, anyone can
- Heats up fast and stays hot.
Dynamic Saunas Barcelona 1-2 Person Far Infrared Sauna
This sauna from Barcelona has 6 Low EMF –aka low emissions – Carbon Infrared Heating Panels to sooth your aches and pains. It is beautifully constructed from reforested Canadian Hemlock. It is said to heat up faster and hold its heat longer due to the thick interior and exterior wood planks. Enjoy your favorite music through the saunas built in MP3 connection and built in speakers. No special wiring is required and users said it only took one hour to set up. This is the smallest unit tested and we really like it of you are tight on space but want all the benefits of an in home infrared sauna.
The Barcelona Sauna measures 39.2 x 35.3 x 72.5 inches and would be a beautiful addition to your home.
What Users Are Saying:
- Finally an affordable home sauna that works well
- Love that it fits anywhere
- Easy to assemble
- The amount of sweat that comes out of you is astonishing
- Heats very fast
- Low cost to run, hardly notice a difference on my electric bill
Heat Wave 4 Person Corner Sauna
The spacious corner unit is perfect for those who want to spread out in their unit or have a few people in the family that will benefit from an in home sauna. The Heat Wave Corner Sauna features 10 carbon heaters for maximum infrared benefit. Manufactured out of Natural Hemlock, this sauna comes with all the bells and whistles, including towel hooks & magazine racks, CD Player with mp3 plug-in, backrest, color therapy light and an oxygen ionizer. The electronic oxygen ionizer releases negative ions, which help purify the air in your sauna, a unique feature that only the Heat Wave sauna offered.
The sauna measures approximately 59W”x 59D”x 75H”.
What Users Are Saying:
- Should have bought a long time ago
- Awesome sauna
- Eye catching
- Great hang out spot on a cold night
- Helps with arthritis and hangovers very well
JHN Lifestyle 4 Person Infrared Sauna
The JHN 4 person sauna is fit for a world class spa. Complete with 9 Carbon Fiber Infrared Heaters, this spacious unit is sure to melt away your every worry. Made with 100% Canadian Hemlock, FSC Certified “Green” wood, and absolutely no chemicals added. Because of its dual wall construction the heat insulation cannot be beat. It also means that you never have to worry about heat expansion, no matter how small a space you put it into. With a simple tool free set up system, you will be using this sauna in no time.
Measuring at 70.9 x 75 x 47.3 inches, the 4 Person Sauna by JHN is perfect for those looking for the best infrared sauna on the market. If you have space for this sauna, you will be grateful for the years of relaxation and wellbeing it will bring you.
What Users Are Saying:
- I did my research, this sauna comes out on top
- Totally worth the price
- Fits four comfortably or two of us can laydown
- Heats up fast and so relaxing
- Fast, free shipping. Set up was under an hour
Further Reading & Resources: